Saturday, 28 December 2013

We had a holly jolly Christmas

What an amazing few days it has been. 
It went so quickly, I ate way too much and didn't sleep anywhere near enough,
but, unfortunately, Christmas is over again for another year.

Thanks to my pretty, new-ish camera, I took over 600 photos over three days.
I'm not going to bore you with them all, but here are a few of my favourites.

It all started with a walk around Bradgate Park on Christmas Eve...
It was a bit windy!

Then we went over to my parents' house, where it was beautifully festive,
for some delicious food and to watch movies...



Christmas morning saw us opening some presents from Santa...

Christmas Day was spent at Hubby's mum's house with family...
It's not really wine, but don't tell him :) 

Dinner - mmmmmmm!

Time for a game of dominoes to help Leighton with his counting...
What is it about boys and their granddads?! #cutestChristmasphotoof2013

Boxing Day (December 26th to my non-British readers) is my Grandma's birthday.
This year happened to be her 80th, so we made our usual family meal a bit special...

One of my cousins is in a band, so he, and his younger brother, headed to 
a studio a week before Grandma's birthday and recorded three of my 
grandma's favourite songs and had them put on CD for her. 

He also had a commemorative CD plaque made for her...

We're all actually off to a photography studio this afternoon to have some photos taken to capture 
what our ever-growing family looks like as my Grom turns 80. There will be about 20 of us
and we only have one hour - wish us luck; I anticipate the good kind of chaos :)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment