Monday, 11 November 2013

Life lately

Happy Monday everyone! How was your weekend? 


I had a pretty chilled weekend, that mainly consisted of trying to learn how to use the new camera
I bought on Friday night, yes I finally have a DSLR - a Nikon D3100 for anyone who cares! Here's
a look at some of the photos I took with said camera this weekend...


I know they're not very good at the moment, but I've promised to never use the camera in 'Auto'
so I'm hoping that by Christmas, I will have improved! It's all about learning the different settings
so I'm going to practice with it every weekend and I have ordered this book to help me - wish me luck!

(If you have any links to great articles on photography/beginners please feel free to 
leave them in the comments :) I think I need all the help I can get!)

In other news...


It might be a month away, but I've been looking at and buying a few new Christmas decorations.

Last Tuesday, I made this delicious mushroom and potato curry - try it, it's delicious! #nomnom

I hit the gym on Saturday...

...and undid all my good work by chowing down on these pancakes (chocolate spread and banana)
on Sunday night at 9pm #pre-bedsnack


Come back on Wednesday and Friday to find out what five things I can't live without 
and which five blogs in the whole of the blog-sphere that I love and check everyday!

Here's hoping you have a great week!
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, congratulations on the DSLR. You're going to love it. Some great shots already even on auto. This is one of the best times of year to go out with a camera as the sun is low and the colours are fantastic. Look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Sally, none of these were taken on auto, that's one setting I'm staying away from. These were mostly taken on the Aperture Priority setting but I'm looking forward to going fully Manual eventually :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My apologies. AP is good for those occasions when you're in a semi automatic mood but good luck with going fully manual. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete