Saturday, 23 November 2013

Let the festive fun begin...

Ok, so things are about to get all festive and Christmasy up in here!



My Mother-in-Law's birthday is next Saturday (30th November) so at home, I'm not allowed to mention
the 'C' word to Hubby until after his mum's birthday, so I'm not sorry but my blog is going to
be my only festive outlet until December is upon us!

To get you in the festive spirit too, and so I'm not a blog loner,
I thought I'd share with you my top ten all-time favourite Christmas tunes
(obvs there are SO many, but I stuck to the ones that always get me a-moving-'n'-a-grooving).

These are great to listen to when putting up your decorations, cooking mince pies
or just chillin' in front of the fire with a glass of  mulled wine :)

(the song titles are YouTube links, so you can listen now - you're welcome)

All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey

Driving Home For Christmas - Chris Rea

Step Into Christmas - Elton John

Lonely This Christmas - Mud

Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade

Last Christmas - Wham!

Stop The Cavalry - Jona Lewie

Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin' Stevens

Jingle Bell Rock - Bobby Helms

Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town - The Jackson 5


And because I couldn't quite whittle it right down to just ten, here are a few more (for good luck):
Fairytale of New York - The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl
 Let it Snow! - Dean Martin
 Stay Another Day - East 17
Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer song
Dominick The Italian Christmas Donkey song

What do you think of my list? What are your favourite festive tunes? 
Are you in the festive spirit yet?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment