Monday, 1 July 2013

This month, I am...

^^ I made a thing :) *proud smile*
Listening to: Red by Taylor Swift. Hubby bought this album a while ago (at the same time as an Iron Maiden CD I might add - he's nothing if not eclectic) and I really didn't want him to because her tunes are so catchy, but I CANNOT STOP LISTENING TO IT! #DamnYouTaylor

Reading: I've just finished The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker and have now started Ways To Live Forever by Sally Nicholls : "My name is Sam. I am eleven years old. I collect stories and fantastic facts. By the time you read this, I will probably be dead. Sam loves facts. He wants to know about UFOs and horror movies and airships and ghosts and scientists, and how it feels to kiss a girl. And because he has leukaemia he wants to know the facts about dying. Sam needs answers to the questions nobody will answer."

Watching: seeing as my beloved Supernatural is on summer hell-atus, I've started Girls; so far, I've watched 13 episodes and I'm loving it. The second-hand embarrassment level is pretty high but it's so funny. I'm excited to finish season 2 before season 3 begins (in America) at some point in 2014 (!). I also intend to start Games of Thrones and watch season 3 of The Walking Dead before Season 9 of Supernatural starts (again in America - Tues at 9pm on the CW, people!) on October 15th.

Excited about: sooooo many things; I have two weeks off work so me and Hubby are headed to: London to see a show and do some general sightseeing, Harry Potter World to get our geek-on and a 60's charity fundraiser on a boat! We're also off to visit Hubby's aunt who lives in Kent for a few days, where we shall be heading to Ashdown Forest where Winne the Pooh was thought up.

Drinking: strawberry lemonade - freshly chopped strawberries in a glass of (diet) lemonade; it's delicious! I'm looking forward to trying Butter Beer at Harry Potter World next week though :)

Eating: as I write this, I'm munching on a banana, but I am over my Mexican obsession now. However it's not been replaced by anything, so my diet is pretty boring standard at the moment.

Loving: my new Essie nail polishes, especially Merino Cool I love their range of colours.

Writing: Nothing (!) except blog posts, because I've finished work for two weeks.

Thankful for: two weeks off work #Boom!

Aiming to: stay organised if I want to get my blog posts written in between trips, otherwise my blog will stand idle for two weeks :(

My nails currently look like this:

Have a great week - Happy July :)

2 comments:

  1. Your nails are adorable--how did you get them to look like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lara! They're actually nail tip stickers that my mum got me from Avon :) pretty cool eh?! I've got about 4 layers of top coat on though!

    ReplyDelete