Saturday, 6 July 2013

Laura Cooks: July

As most of you know, I am a pescetarian, but I live with a meat-eater, so this month I thought I'd share with you a meat-based recipe. Hubby is on a bit of a health kick, so has cut out a lot of processed foods, including ready-made burgers. We found an easy-to-make recipe for Turkey Burgers and I thought it'd be a great thing to share with you lovely people...
Ingredients: turkey mince, one large egg, one onion (chopped), salt & pepper (to season)
1. Mix the turkey mince and chopped onion together in a bowl
2. Add the egg and mix.
3. Season to your own taste - you could add all kinds of spices/flavours here but Hubby kept it basic for his first attempt.
4. Shape the mixture into burger shapes (approx. four) and place into a hot and oiled frying pan.
5. Cook for approx five minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Serve & enjoy
On eating these burgers, Hubby did say he would have added more spice (he's a big fan of spice) and he would have chopped the onion pieces smaller, both things he has done when making these burgers again. When making them for a second time, Hubby also added about 75g of breadcrumbs to this mix in order to
help the burgers stick together a little better.

Sticking with the summer/barbecue theme, and returning to my vegetarian/pescetarian ways, next month I plan to bring you a recipe for Mexican Bean Burgers :)

As with the previous recipes I've blogged, if you have a go please let me know how you get on.

1 comment:

  1. This looks a bit like a meatloaf recipe--bet it tasted great! :)

    ReplyDelete