Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Harry Potter World (p.II)

In my last post, I showed you just some of what you can see at Harry Potter World Warner Bros Studio Tour; because I took SO many photos, I'd like to continue today, with part II. Be warned, this post contains lots of photos of me and Hubby acting like children :)
The famous cobbles of Diagon Alley, featuring the shop fronts of Ollivanders wand shop, Flourish 
and Blotts, the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, Gringotts Wizarding Bank and Eeylops Owl Emporium.
The house where the magic began: 4 Privet Drive.
Sampling the iconic but disgusting Butterbeer
Hagrid's motorcycle & side car
All aboard the Knight Bus
James & Lilly's house in Godric's Hollow
Chillin'
Running from Voldemort's Army
You really can not comprehend just how BIG this model of Hogwarts really is!
That really is it. I hope I've given you a little insight into what you can see at Warner Bros Studio Tour.
If you, or your children, are a Harry Potter fan, I would highly recommend the trip to Watford; there's
so much to see and do and everything is the authentic props/sets used in throughout the eight films.
Although, if you do go with your children, be warned: the gift shop is VERY expensive (£25 for a House
scarf) so maybe pre-warn them that they can only have one souvenir - it's not worth going bankrupt! :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh I like the bus! Is that 3 stories high? How did they do that, I must google it now. My dad was a bus fanatic, a bit of it has rubbed off on me unfortunately x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it is 3 stories high :) It's a great scene in the movie that I don't think is in the book! xx

      Delete
  2. I thought the butter beer would be tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would be too, Susie #gutted

      Delete
  3. So what does butter beer taste like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urm, kinda like Cream Soda or really sweet Lucozade - neither of which I actually like. The cream on top (which makes the moustache) is nice though.

      Delete
  4. Wicked pics! Looks like you had a lot of fun! The model of Hogwarts looks amazing!xx

    ReplyDelete