Tuesday, 25 June 2013

A delightful day out...

I haven't been to a theme park in years, so when looking for something cheap yet fun to do with our friends, Greg and Emma, on Saturday 22nd June, Hubby & I figured that a theme park seemed like the obvious choice. So, we hopped in the car and, with our 2-for-1 vouchers grasped in hand, we headed to Drayton Manor Theme Park, in Drayton Bassett, Staffordshire.
Hubby embraced the water spray... 
...whilst I looked decidedly unhappy about getting wet (if only I knew then...)
First things first, we made sure we were tall enough to go on the rides :)
Luckily, we were :)
Then, we went for a wander around the zoo...
Simples!
After a picnic fit for a king (featuring cocktail sausages, crudites & humus dip, hula hoops and posh
ciabattas) we finally bravely ventured onto some rides...

Myself and Emma watched the boys from a safe distance, aka the ground, as they went on this crazy
ride, worryingly named Apocalypse...
Then, minus my wimpy Hubby, we braved the pirate ship and proceeded to scream like the girls we are,
sorry Greg. After rediscovering our land legs, we all (Hubby included this time) embraced our inner
teenager and headed to G-Force and then Shockwave.

Deciding a break from all the fear fun was needed, we headed over to the calmer water rides...
Queuing for the rubber dingy rapids Splash Canon rapids
We're rocking our waterproofs :)
After coming off the rapids relatively dry, we stupidly decided to go on the log flume; well, I say 'we' decided,
I still maintain that I was forced on against my will - I'm looking at you, Greg :) Suffice to say, not everyone emerged from the log flume - aptly named 'Stormforce 10' (I kid you not) - dry...
Hubby post-log flume - dry as a bone thanks to his geeky waterproofs; you can take the man away
from the Scouts... 
Greg & Emma - all smiles despite being wet through, although...
... I win! I was drenched!! I even had water drip into my bra (TMI Laura, TMI)
All-in-all, it was a fantastic day with great company. We're headed to Chester and Liverpool with this
cute couple in July and, I think I can safely say, it's going to be a great weekend!

When was the last time you went to a theme park?

8 comments:

  1. Last summer. It was hell. Thank God there were cocktails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last summer was hell here too, but not for the same reason - it rained. A LOT!

      Delete
  2. Glad you had fun! I haven't been to a theme park in years! If it weren't so hot here during the summer, I'd go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, here in Britain we tend to suffer with the opposite effect - it's often too COLD to go to a theme park, and too windy - the cable cars were closed on Saturday because of the wind!

      Delete
  3. Good morning Sunshine thank you Laura for sharing your fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) thanks Veronica

      Delete
  4. I've not been to a theme park for a while, we have Disneyland up the road and Rich's summer party is there in August! I last went to alton towers, about 2.5 years ago for the fireworks in November, it was mayhem! I've not been to Drayton manor for years. I remember being little and not being tall enough to go on rides, it is so upsetting! Love the pics x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disneyland should be fun - I've only been to the Paris on, many many years ago! I've not been to Alton Towers for about 8 years, but Hubby went last October, so he was comparing the rides at DM all day to AT, lol xx

      Delete