Wednesday, 1 May 2013

And so, the fat lady sings...

So, the A to Z April Challenge is over. April went by so fast!

I'm a little sad. I feel very lost.

I have thoroughly enjoyed posting everyday and visiting other blogs to see what they'd come up with for that day's letter. Although, I didn't get to visit as many blogs as I'd hoped. I wrote all but two of my Challenge posts ahead of April 1st (V & X were killers), with the intention of  spending the month visiting all the participants.

Well, that didn't go to plan. I managed to get around quite a few of the blogs taking part but with 1,656 blogs on the sign-up list, it was always going to be pretty impossible to get around to visiting everyone, especially as I work full-time. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who visited my little blog and say an even bigger thank you to those people who commented on my posts. I love you all and your feedback really does inspire me, so please keep it coming :)

The best part of the Challenge for me was making new friends and discovering new blogs, such as Row (who has signed herself up for another challenge, this time to blog EVERYDAY in May, so make sure you check her blog out), Sally, Kristen, Ashlee and Vix, not to mention my real-life blogging buddy, Mandeep, who all did amazing with their posts. I must also give big props to Jarm, who managed to blog the whole alphabet relating each post to Les Miserables - she kept me highly entertained. 

A biggest thing that I totally didn't expect from taking part in the A to Z Challenge was the inspiration for my own blog I'd get from others and from blogging daily. I've got lots of stuff planned for the coming months, which I hope you'll enjoy and comment on, including a re-branding and re-naming of my blog, so keep your eyes peeled.

Finally, I want to say a HUGE congrats to everyone else who survived the Challenge - here's a virtual pat on the back for you all :)
ps:  do you like me new signature?

13 comments:

  1. Thanks laura! Your blog was definitely one of my favourites, perfect amount of writing and pictures. I love your new signature too! I'll be checking in on you soon so keep up the blogging :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arrww thanks, Row. I don't like to make my posts too long, although there might be a few long ones coming up, but they have lots of pretty pictures too :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations for making it through. April wasn't an easy month for blogging, but having made the commitment helped us all, I'm sure. Happy posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan. Congrats on completing your first April Challenge too - will we see you next year? :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!! And hey, thanks for the shout out - you're awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing! You did great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lara - everyone who finished did great! Congrats on finishing the Challenge too :)

      Delete
  5. Well done you! You deserve a cocktail! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might have a wee one tomorrow :) #grannypantsFriday

      Delete
  6. From one AtoZ cohort to another ~ cheers!

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on making it to the end, it can get a bit mind blowing.

    Rob Z Tobor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on finishing.
    This was my first year.... .but not my last!
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete