Monday, 29 April 2013

Y is for Yellow

HUGE thanks to my girl Mandeep for this 'yellow' image.

I love the colour yellow. I can't help it - it's just so bright and happy. It instantly makes me feel better. It's not just the bright, vibrant yellows I love (spring daffodils, sunflower petals or a burning flame); I love all the yellow colours, even mustard!

I went through a phase about 10 years ago when I had to buy every item of yellow clothing I saw - what do you mean 'do you know what fashion is?', I was cool, okay! I have, however, since realised that less is more, so now I own just a few key yellow pieces, such as my (two) yellow Nica handbag(s), my yellow New Look winter coat (the coat and the bags are NEVER used together), my 'Bondi Beach' t-shirt (which was actually purchased from Bondi Beach) and a bargain Next clearance find that is yellow and has bronze sequins in rows on it (it's hard to describe, but it's pretty).

However, now that I've toned down the yellowness (is that a word?) of my wardrobe, fashionistas the world over are now adding as much of the bright stuff to their wardrobes as possible; the colour fills this seasons fashion pages - I'm such a trend setter!

How does the colour yellow make you feel? What's your favourite colour?

Find out more about the A-to-Z Blogging Challenge here

13 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge fan of green too, Susie. In fact I've just added splashes of green to my master bedroom - post coming soon :)

      Delete
  2. aww that's okay, happy to help! :) yellow reminds me of the sun shining and it makes me feel happy..but you know what my favourite is..'burgundy-burgundy-burgundy' x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovering your blog for the first time as I make my way through the A-Z Challenge. Please check us out and sign up to follow if you like what you see. Juliet atCity Muse Country Muse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who cares about fashion???? The important thing is that you like it! I'm not particularly fond of yellow but I like the different nuances of yellow-ish.. I'm a lover of autumn colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Susanne; there's a saying - fashion is what you buy, style is what you do with it :) I love autumn colours (check out my A for the A-Z Challenge) but I'm not sure I could 'pull off' burnt orange and deep reds.

      Delete
  5. Yellow is a hard color to wear for many people, but it's a color I've always loved. Was my Mother's favorite and it's close to that for me. I love bright and agree it makes you smile. Long ago Mom told me it was a happy color and later I read it's a sign of intelligence. Sooooo, there you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhhh, a sign of intelligence eh?! I like the sound of that! Thanks, Sandy!

      Delete
  6. Hey laura, I love yellow flowers but not a colour I would wear, I'm not brave enough! Favourite colour is aqua blue for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aqua blue is a gorgeous colour but I'm not sure I could wear that very well. Guess it's all about your colouring. There are some shades of yellow I can't wear because I'm quite pale and a tan is essential, but there are other shades I can pull off thanks to my dark hair :)

      Delete
  7. I like yellow, but in moderation. My favorite color is green :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a fan of green too - just added splashes of it to my master bedroom; post coming soon :)

      Delete