Friday, 19 April 2013

Q is for Que?

Photo credit [x]
I say this word far too often. I really hate it when people say "what?" when they haven't heard what's been said (I think it sounds so common) and I find the responses I get to "pardon?" a little odd (most people frown at me, thinking I'm trying to be 'posh'), so nine time out of ten, I channel my inner Manuel and ask "Que?"

If you don't know who Manuel is shame on you, educate yourself here

Which word do you use the most? Have you got any random words in your vocabulary? 

Find out more about the A-to-Z Blogging Challenge here


8 comments:

  1. Like you, I don't particularly like "What" and "pardon" sounds odd. I tend to go with "sorry?"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry is always a good one :) thanks Rebecca

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Que? I think I'm missing something, Susie, sorry!

      Delete
  3. Fawlty towers! Que is a great word, excellent for a Q post. I think I use it too. I also say après vous, I flit between French and Spanish! I say oi quite a lot to hubby hee hee and hola instead of hello xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rowena! Q was a letter I struggled with for a bit but I got an unusual word in the end :)

      Delete
  4. I use 'pardon' and generally don't get funny looks, but that might be because I'm in the US and no one would ever accuse me of being posh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I live in an area of the UK that has a really common accent so pardon sounds very posh; most people either say what? Or eh? Lol

      Delete