Thursday, 18 April 2013

P is for Photography

Me using my iPhone to take a photo of the flood waters, March 2013
As you may have already guessed, I love taking photos. I always have. I studied Photography at AS Level and would have carried it onto full A Level if it hadn't been for the teacher - seriously, someone buy that man a personality!

This blog started off as a way to track my progress after I set myself the challenge of taking a photo a day for all 366 days of 2012; I managed this enormous task and yet it did nothing to diminish my love of taking photos. For easy and convenience  I take most of my photos on my iPhone these days, but I do break the camera out occasionally - I wish I had a digital SLR but I just can't afford one :( maybe one day!
Me, at the work's Christmas do in 2010, taken by the lovely Dina
Find out more about the A-to-Z Blogging Challenge here

7 comments:

  1. Hey laura....P=Photography (snap). I love taking pics too, your blog idea is cool, I may have to steal your idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rowena. Feel free to steal the photo a day idea - it's definitely a challenge and some days there's naff all to take photos of, but it's a great thing to do and I'm so glad I've done it :)

      Delete
  2. Have you seen it when people take a picture of themself everyday for five years? They put it on YouTube in movie form. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't Susie, I will check it out though. Sounds awesome but very complicated.

      Delete
  3. You can take fabulous photos also without a dslr. I wouldn't want one, they are too big and inconvenient. I love my little Sony Cybershot. Too bad about your photography teacher, it's a bit sad that you quit because of the teacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it sucks, Susanne but I got the basics, so hopefully my images aren't too shoddy :) I'm loving the convenience and quality of the camera on my iPhone - I use it for taking most of my photos now, and you've gotta love the effortlessness of Instagram for transforming dull photos into something pretty :)

      Delete
  4. I'm doing the same thing you did but I use pictures I've taken already and post it in themes as I tend to take pictures of the same things, over and over. Hopefully I'll get over if after posting a month of e.i. sunsets or doors...
    A month of Blog...

    ReplyDelete