Monday, 15 April 2013

M is for Magazines

I'm not sure if you're aware, but I'm a Features Writer by trade. I spend my days writing stuff for other people to promote their business for these three magazines: Aspire (which distributes around Leicestershire and Northamptonshire), Reflect (Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire) and Finesse (Oxfordshire). I am the sole writer for these three magazines. Sometimes it's a lot of work, other times I find myself bored, counting down the minutes until 5pm, but I wouldn't have it any other way - not many people can say they get to spend their days doing what they love.

My ultimate dream is to one day write my own novel, and then write a second, and then a third... you get the idea.

You can view both Aspire and Reflect online.

Find out more about the A-to-Z Blogging Challenge here

18 comments:

  1. I hope your dream comes true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you're helping these magazines! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by from the A-Z Challenge list to say "Hi" :)

    Had a quick flick, loving all your photos honey!

    Good luck with the rest of the challenge.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vikki. Good luck to you too!

      Delete
  4. If you really want to do it, you will. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally, it is all about belief, and having some kick ass ideas :)

      Delete
  5. I'm impressed. My magazine skills don't go any farther (further?) than reading People Magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie, I did do a Journalism degree at University so I can't take all the credit for my 'skills' lol :)

      Delete
  6. That's great that you are doing something you love. Maybe you should treat your novel writing like this a-z blogging? They have an article on the guardian website about writing a novel in 30 days! http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/series/how-to-write-a-book-in-30-days. Not sure how realistic that is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rowena, I'm gonna put off work for another 10 minutes and go look at that article now! You gotta love The Guardian :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It's not as fancy as it sounds, Lara :)

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a great job! I would love to be a feature writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't that great but at least I get to spend the days writing albeit writing stuff for other people and not myself, but, you know, a job is a job :)

      Delete
  9. I actually adore magazines, and would love to have your job. I mostly love to read tech magazines, and I write tech news online.

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's awesome, Kristen. I'm useless with technology but luckily my Hubby knows his stuff :)

      Delete