Saturday, 13 April 2013

I don't wanna blow my own trumpet, but...

I've been nominated for an award, a blogging award to be precise (I know, I'm totally shocked too)! The lovely Becca over at Words and Palabras has nominated me for a Liebster Award (along with Coffee Lady).
A Liebster Award, taken from Google Images
Ok, so I will admit, when I saw the message from Becca, I had no idea what a Liebster Award was, but after googling it, it seems that these awards are given to up-and-coming bloggers (arw shucks!) with fewer than 200 followers in order to draw attention to their blogs - awesome idea eh?!

I've been overwhelmed with the sheer number of visitors (and comments) to my blog since I started the A to Z April Challenge so I can only imagine what having a Liebster Award will do for my blog (not to mention my street cred!). So whether you've been with me since the beginning or are a new visitor to my humble blog, I wanna thank you. Thank you for visiting, for commenting and for enjoying what I've been sharing with you - it means the world to know that people are enjoying my dribble :) Finally, a huge thank you to Becca for nominating me :)

Anyway, on to the award. In order to receive the award, I must nominate 11 other bloggers (with fewer than 200 followers) and ask them 11 questions, as well as post 11 random facts about myself and answer Becca's 11 questions - I have no idea why 11 is the magic number, but, here it goes...

11 Random Facts About Me:

1. I have a younger brother, who shares a first name with my husband.
2. I'm anal about correct grammar/punctuation - I can't help it; I blame it on my job.
3. I've only read the first Harry Potter book.
4. I've got a potty mouth.
5. I've got an actual Bucket List, typed out in the Notes app on my phone (and now my blog - see link above).
6. I have brown eyes and brunette hair.
7. I'm a Scorpio.
8. I met a whole bunch of the Supernatural cast at a convention last May; I'm going to meet a whole load more at another convention this May :)
9. I have seen Backstreet Boys perform live about seven times. Nick Carter held my hand and sang to me at their last gig (no big deal, although I haven't washed my hand since - joke!).
10. I LOVE the Aussie accent - it's the sexiest of all accents in my opinion.
11. I currently have a HUGE celebrity crush on Dan Feuerriegel, who plays Agron in Spartacus: War of the Damned - go and google that hottie right now!

Becca's 11 Questions & My Answers:

1. Where were you born? 
Leicester, England and I still live there to this day.

2. What’s your favourite song?
Oh god, I can't pick just one! It depends on my mood.

3. Who is the person that most inspired you?
I guess, my mum. She has always worked hard - at times when I was growing up, she worked three jobs - and has only recently started having things for herself. She always put me and my brother first and I really admire her for that. If I can be half the mum she was to me then I'll consider myself a good mum.

4. What makes you happy?
Being with my hubby, my bed, eating, reading, Supernatural - I'm pretty easy to please :)

5. Why did you start your blog?
To track the progress of my 2012 New Year's Resolution to take a photo every day - although I wasn't so good at updating the blog on a regular basis, I did achieve my mission and took 366 photos in 2012, all of which can be found on this blog :)

6. Do you have any pets?
No, but my parents do.

7. Where is your ideal vacation destination?
Wow, there are so many places I wanna visit. I want to see LA, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, Miami, Rome, Florence and Auckland  just off the top of my head, but I also want to return to Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns and Barcelona. If I was a millionaire, I'd just travel the world.

8. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
Italian food, no Mexican food, no Italian... oh I can't answer this question. There's too much delicious food out there!

9. Who is the funniest person alive?
Urm, I dunno. I think my husband is pretty funny :) Professional comedian-wise, Jimmy Carr, Eddie Izzard, Tim Minchin and Micky Flanagan make me laugh.

10. If you were stuck on an island what 3 items would you take?
Can I just take Oliver Queen; he did well for himself surviving on an island!

11. 5 words that describe you?
For the record, I hate this question: bossy, opinionated, clever, inquisitive and outgoing.

My 11 Nominations for the Liebster Award:

1. Mandy Bohgan
2. Designs By Row
3. Project 30
4. Breaking Cover
5.  Dreams of Nyssa
6. The Four Ambassadors
7. Ramblings of a Silly Girl
8. Robin Writes
9. Soul Aperture
10. Rebecca Writes
11. The World According to Tracy

My 11 Questions For My Liebster Nominees:

1. What is your favourite food?
2. Do you have any phobias? If so, what are they?
3. Where was the last place you visited (outside of the place you currently live)?
4. Who was your last text message from?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. How would you spend your days if you won big on the Lotto?
7. What's your least favourite colour?
8. Have you ever met anyone called Bob?
9. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
10. What is your most embarrassing moment?
11. Who is your favourite person in the whole world and why?

Phew! 

14 comments:

  1. Well done Laura!! and thanks for nominating me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey laura....wow thanks for the nomination!! Shall I get back to you with the answers? Or just post them on my page, I am I shock....and still trying to work out what I am doing for the letter L today. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to reply from my phone but clearly it didn't work. You can answer the questions however you like hun, either on your blog or in the comments here :)

      Delete
  3. I have nominated your back! (is that allowed??) can't work out how to link to your site from my blog though, the link button aint working. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. New follower. Coffee Lady sent me. I lived in Australia for a year a long time ago. I never did pick up the accent, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to pick up the accent. It's so sexy! Thanks for stopping by, Susie :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the award! I totally agree with you on the food thing--I can't pick just one type! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lara - if I didn't like food I'd be a size-0 but alas...

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! Very interesting. New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Congrats! And thank you for nominating Designs By Row, because she just nominated me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen and no worries :) Congrats on your award!

      Delete
    2. Hey, I nominated Rebeccah Writes too! Love her blog!

      Delete