Friday, 5 April 2013

E is for Easter


Easter was last weekend and I thought it would make a pretty good 'E' for the A-Z Blogging Challenge so here we go...

I'm not religious so Easter for me isn't about going to church and remembering 'Jesus' sacrifice'. I don't have any children either and seeing as I'm 28, Easter is just an excuse for a few days off work rather than a fun-filled, family-orientated holiday. I'm currently on a bit of a health kick too, so I didn't even get to eat any of the chocolate egg my Auntie bought me (she buys all her nieces and nephews one every year - that's how she wants to be remembered when she's gone - morbid I know, but they're her words, not mine). I did eat half of one of the eggs in the bottom right hand photo - it was only small (they're resting against my mug of tea!) so I did get to enjoy a bit of chocolate this Easter. I also made sure I had a hot cross bun on Good Friday, but other than that, it was a pretty good weekend food-wise. I also got some much needed chill out time with Hubby, which is always good :)

How did you spend your Easter? Do you have any holiday traditions?

Find out more about the A-to-Z Blogging Challenge here

16 comments:

  1. Well done you for resisting the choc-fest, I wasn't so good! I like your pretty flowers. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chick :) The health kick is in full swing :)

      Delete
  2. Easter was different this year. My daughter and grandchildren and a few of their friends came to join me. We did have the traditional ham and potato salad meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's the start of some new traditions, Rebecka. I hope you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  3. I was sick during Easter :(. Other years we usually go to see my husband's family if I don't work, and I always go to church on the Resurrection Sunday. Not this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arww, it sucks that you were ill Susanne, I hope you're feeling better now :)

      Delete
  4. Happy belated Easter Laura. Love the pictures you have posted. I didn't get any chocolate eggs this year for the first time ever! I normally always get a buttons easter egg and just eat the buttons. Over here in the US, they don't seem to have massive chocolate eggs like we do back in the UK. I managed to get hubby some mini eggs though which he loves and they tasted the same as back home. No church for me either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I love mini eggs - I have avoided them this year because I can eat a whole large pack to myself and that's never a good thing :)

      Delete
  5. I love Easter, although I'm not that religious. I just love knowing that at least part of my family is getting together, even if we can't all be together at once. I love any excuse to see my extended family. I know that's weird, but I love them all... even the ones who aren't quite right in the head. :)

    The A to Z blog said in the latest post to add a link to your own A to Z blog in the comments, so here's mine: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kristen. Christmas tends to be the time I see all my extended family so it can be a pretty busy time!

      Delete
  6. I spent Easter in bed, as I was sick with a sinus infection :( Glad you had a nice day, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lara, that sucks. I hope you're feeling better now :)

      Delete
  7. Happy Easter wishes, Belated. Loved the picss :)

    - A fellow blogger from A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy belated Easter wishes to you too, Me :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Laura. It's interesting that you chose Easter not being religious or interested in the tradition. I appreciate hearing other's points of view. I love your goal of a photo a day. It will be neat to see your year in photos all lined up at the end of the year. Enjoyed my A to Z visit. God bless, Maria from Delight Directed Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My photo of the day goal was for my 2012 New Year's Resolution and it was great to see all the photos on Jan 1st 2013. It's a great way to remember the year - I'd recommend it to anyone. Thanks for stopping by, Maria :)

      Delete