Monday, 1 April 2013

A is for Autumn

I love running through fallen leaves, listening as they crunch underfoot.
I love autumn. I think is is my favourite season. I'm quite partial to spring too - the re-awakening of the world after months of dull, lifeless outdoors - but there's just something extra special about autumn. It's more than just the changing colours of the trees - it's the smell in the air (cold, fire, smoke) and the noise of the leaves crunching underfoot, or rain tapping against windows, cars and umbrellas.

In my opinion, autumn is more colourful than spring; the spring months may welcome in a riot of colour after a bare winter, but I don't think you can beat the vibrancy of the browns, reds, greens and golds of autumn. Every year I am amazed at Mother Nature's colour palette.

Most of all, autumn is a time of excitement for me personally; my wedding anniversary (yes, I was an autumn bride - that's how much I love the season), my birthday, Halloween, an extra hour in bed and Bonfire Night all take place in the autumn months.

What's your favourite thing about autumn? Which season is your favourite and why?

Find out more about the A-to-Z Blogging Challenge here

20 comments:

  1. A simple to the point post. We don't really have so much of Autumn out in Bombay. I love the rains though, my fav season of all time. The puddles, the splish-splash and the green environs.....just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I love the smell after a big downpour, makes everything smell so fresh and earthy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn means rest from the heat of the summer. It means long walks outside in the fresh air and a fluffy sweater. Autumn smells like mushrooms and wet soil and splitting firewood. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely piccy and i too love autumm the most- can go outside with no coat! everything is fresh and crisp! great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn is my favorite too. I particularly like cozy sweaters and pink noses--that much appreciated chill after a long hot summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We rarely have a long, hot summer; I think I'd love autumn even more if we did! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. I also love the colours of the leaves, but my favourite season is summer, I love waking up with the sun shining and eating ice cream in the park, where the days are longer and you can spend more time outdoors..just a shame we don't get much of it in England! Great post! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You said the general thing on how I feel about autumn. Personally it's perfect headscarf wearing weather (maybe spring, too). I don't really have a favorite season. (I'm 730 on the list)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey neighbour, thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

      Delete
  8. Autumn is my favorite, maybe because it doesn't happen where I live. I love the colors of the changing leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, how do you cope without an autumn, Stefani?

      Delete
    2. Well, I guess since I never grew up with it, I don't know what I am missing.

      Delete
    3. I guess that's true; such a shame though. You should defo try and take an autumn holiday somewhere in the world at some point, to see the colours and smell the air. It's pretty amazing!

      Delete
  9. I love the colors of Autumn, and the melancholy of its evenings. Sadly, in Singapore, we do not have the four seasons.

    Look forward to the rest of your challenge posts!

    Damyanti @Daily(w)rite
    Co-host, A to Z Challenge 2013

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a lover of autumn too. I was born in the fall, and the summers are soooo long and soooo hot in southern Louisiana that the first cool breeze of fall feels like Heaven.

    Jan at Website
    Beyond Acadia
    Faith Talk
    Swamp Lily Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish we had warmer summers here in England, autumn would be so much more fun if we did. Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

      Delete