Monday, 19 March 2012

Day 73 - also known as Tuesday 13th March

A Slice of Culture, Dar-ling!
Along with my good friend, Miss Ross, I headed to Curve tonight after work to see local university students perform The Laramie Project, a play about the aftermath of the murder of Matthew Shepard, a gay university student in Wyoming who was killed for being gay in 1998. It was an excellent play that exceeded my expectations of a 'student performance'. For my full review, check out Issue 253 on Friday March 23rd.  I have since discovered that the play was turned into a movie in 2002, starring a whole host of famous people including Christina Ricci, Steve Buscemi, Laura Linney and Joshua Jackson; it's well worth a watch and I'd highly recommend seeing a production of the play if one is ever in your town. It stayed with both Miss Ross and I long after we'd see it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment